Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bowling with Monkeys


Today is my son's birthday party. We gave him his choice of themes for the party and he chose bowling. So today we go bowling with about a dozen 7-8 yr old boys. I like bowling. I like my son and his friends. Something tells me I won't like the two together as much as I like them individually. Just the thought of little boys with 8 lb projectiles in their hand and their objective being to knock things over doesn't make me relaxed. Now I'm certain they know the general rules of the game being to hit the pins but they are boys and they will get a pack mentallity ("Lord of the Flies"). Not to mention they will be jacked-up on sugar from the birthday treats of soda and cookie cake! I think I might take my flask along with me just in case. I better go fill it up.

0 comments: