Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

-I don't remember any hype from any previous inaugurations but this one is ridiculous.

-G.W. Bush is either dumb to the criticism of his presidency or is hiding it very well.

-I hope Obama can perform up to his expectations. But the media will cut him down soon enough.

-At work this morning, we were sent an email "reminding" us we are not allowed to stream internet content (audio/video) even if it's CNN's coverage of the inauguration.

-I have a corporate "brain-washing" session from 11:00 until 2:00 so I couldn't illegally stream the inauguration if I wanted to. I might catch it tonight on the news. Or maybe tomorrow. Or the day after. or the day after that.

-There is supposed to be upwards of two million people at the ceremony today. I'm sure this will be the largest crowd to attend an Inauguration, but I wonder if there have been other events that have drawn that big of a crowd? (Million Man March?)

-The largest crowd at an inauguration was in 1965 for LBJ (1.2 million).

-I fear some sort of major negative event will happen during the inauguration.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

That's Crazy! I stopped my staff meeting so we could all take it in. A very important time in our history. It helps I'm with the cable company, lots of tv's around :-)

I fear something will happen in his presidency as well unfortunately. It will set back race relations 40 years. I hope I'm worng, I'm already enjoying the changes that are happeneing and its been 2 days!